If you’re a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver who is at least 12 years old, you can enroll in the PADI Underwater Videographer Diver Course
The PADI Underwater Videographer Diver Course is for ages 12 Years and Older.
Extend your bottom time with Enriched Air (Nitrox).
The PADI Enriched Air (Nitrox) diver course will certify you to use Enriched Air (Nitrox) to stay down longer during your shallow water dives. Also by breathing a higher concentration of oxygen during your dive, you will come back feeling refreshed and ready for more diving. Click the banner for complete course details
Depth Restrictions After Certification
This PADI course does not increase your maximum depth rating. Standard depth restrictions apply.
Waivers and Liability Releases
all participants will need to have a completed set of liability releases signed and dated prior to any in water training. Note: Participants under the age of 18 will need to have a parent or guardian signatures as well. No exceptions.
For this Course you will need the following releases:
The duration of this Course is 2 ½ days.The course is performance-based so we do not like to rush we want to make sure everyone is safe and fully understands the skills of the day. So there is a start time but never a set finish time.
Required PADI Course Materials
For your course you will need the PADI Underwater Videographer Diver Course Crewpak.
Search and Recovery crewpak Includes PADI Underwater Videographer Diver Course DVD and PADI Underwater Videographer Diver Course Specialty Manual. This package includes all the required materials for your course
If you purchase your PADI Underwater Videographer Diver Course Crewpak at the time you book your course.
You will receive your hard copy when you arrive at class.For your convenience we will provide you with all the materials you will need to get you started as soon as you book your course..
Each student is required to purchase from us their own PADI Underwater Videographer Diver Course Crewpak.
Quiet on the set. lights, camera, and action.
Get Your PADI Underwater Videographer Diver Course Certification Today.
The PADI Underwater Videographer Scuba Diver Course will teach you how to take professional quality underwater videos. There’s nothing cooler than putting together your own movie of your adventures underwater and sharing it with your friends. This is also an excellent way to make extra money and dive for free. There is a constant need for good videographers at many resort locations around the world. Sign up today for PADI Underwater Videographer Scuba Diver Course and put a little spare change in your pocket.
The purpose of the PADI Underwater Videographer Specialty Course is to familiarize the student with basic underwater video hardware, use, maintenance and diving techniques. The course has four primary goals:
1. Upon completing this program, the student should be able to select an underwater video system based on personal preferences, budget and quality requirements.
2. Upon completing this program, the student should be able to demonstrate safe diving practices while engaged in underwater videography.
3. Upon completing this program, the student should be able to properly set up, maintain and disassemble a video camera, housing and lights.
4. Upon completing this program, the student should be able to edit and produce underwater video that tells a story and demonstrates appropriate basic videography techniques and avoids basic videography errors.
Traditional Academics included with your course
You begin the academics in the comfort of your own home. Once you sign up for the course, you will receive all the academic materials needed to complete the home study portion of your course. To start your course you will watch The PADI Underwater Videographer Diver Course course video and complete your knowledge reviews in your PADI Underwater Videographer Diver Course Diver Manual. This will get you ready for Your classroom session and the in water training portion of your class.
Your instructor will review your knowledge reviews during your first class session.
Optional PADI Online Academics
Unfortunately PADI does not Offer Online academics for this course yet. You and your instructor will schedule the time for you to come in and complete the academic portion of your training in the classroom.
Note: online academics is not available for ages 12 and under.
PADI Underwater Videographer Diver Course Training Dives
Video Training Dive 1
• Properly assemble an underwater video system for use. • Perform a pre-dive check of an underwater video system. • Enter the water properly with a video system.
• Maintain proper buoyancy while diving with a video system. • Check air supply, depth, time and direction at appropriate intervals while diving with a video system. • Demonstrate basic underwater video shooting techniques, including holding the camera steady while standing, sitting, lying, kneeling and swimming; making smooth camera movements; avoiding the common shooting errors discussed in Presentation One; and using the best “general” shooting angle.Exit the water properly with a video system.
• Give an underwater video system proper post-dive care.
• Properly disassemble an underwater video system.
Video Training Dive 2
• Continue to demonstrate the skills mastered in Video Training Dive Two.
• Demonstrate an understanding of good composition principles by shooting underwater video that applies those principles.
• Shoot a basic video sequence with clean cuts: establishing LS, MS, CU, MS and LS.
• Demonstrate as part of a sequence, or apart from a sequence for practice, the following camera moves: pan, tilt, dolly, truck, follow, lead.
Video Training Dive 3
• Continue to demonstrate the skills mastered in Video Training Dives One and Two.
• Demonstrate the development and shooting of a story line.
• Produce a video that follows a planned story line by using in camera or post production editing, as assigned.
At this level divers should have a complete set of personal SCUBA gear.
Don't panic if you need rental equipment we have it available for your class.
You will need the following equipment for this class Mask, Snorkel, Fins, BCD, Regulators, Dive computer, Thermal protection, Tanks and Weights. (We do not rent Thermal protection)
Additional required equipment for this class
For this class divers are required to have or rent a Video camera.
If you would like to purchase your own equipment, we guarantee the best price in town and extended warranties on everything purchased from us. If you’re going to be a diver it is best to have your own personal gear for fit and comfort.
You should always purchase your SCUBA diving equipment from the dive center where you do your training. Your SCUBA instructor is definitely more qualified to make sure you select the proper equipment for your needs. Your instructor will also make sure your equipment is properly adjusted and ready for your class. Nobody beats our prices or customer service guaranteed.
Note: new scuba diving equipment always requires minor adjustments and a safety inspection before it is used. If you purchased your scuba equipment online or from a third-party to use in our class and it has a malfunction or requires adjustments during your training you will have to pay an additional cost for those adjustments. Our minimum service charge is $45
We do not accept equipment that is unsafe or damaged to be usedin anyof our programs.
If you have any questions on whether the equipment you have will be acceptable for this program, please contact us prior to class for a free equipment evaluation. We service and repair Scuba equipment. Safety First!